What are the Benefits of HRIS?
Investing in a superior HRIS system has countless benefits. However, these benefits may differ based on your organizational needs and the integrations on the software you choose. Here are some of the expected benefits of having efficient hr software:
An hr software can streamline all your hr processes and run your daily human resource activities and responsibilities more efficiently. Automating workflows saves you a lot of time and reduces human error in data entry and management. This also enables organizations to keep accurate and reliable data.
The ease of accessing all your employee information with a few clicks also eases your decision-making processes. You can readily make decisions on bonuses and manage payrolls. With this system, you can execute HR duties that would otherwise be impossible to achieve manually.
With such tools as Sapling, you can enter employee time details, track their attendance, enter accruals and vacation requests less hectically as you will not have to process these details manually. Instead, you'll simply allow each employee to access their portals and update their details timely. This system also makes working at home more straightforward as the managers can check employee progress from their convenience.
An HRIS simplifies your tracking, updating, and reporting of employee details. Such systems like Sapling allow human resources to upload hardcopy documents in pdf formats. This makes it easier for you to store employee identification documents on their original forms and enable employees to append their signatures electronically.
Better Decision Making
Organizations that have accurate and effective decision-making systems flourish and expand faster. HRIS streamlines productivity and enables employee managers to work on more strategic tasks. Such integrations like the Strategic People Ops help employee managers maximize their employee well-being, optimize their employees’ lifetime value, and enable employees to electronically append their signatures, increase employee performance, and drive organizational growth and development.
Human resource managers can quickly generate HRIS reports and share them with relevant stakeholders to enhance timely decision-making. You can create accounts on staff offboarding, onboarding, and trends to foster retention and plan for future organizational growth. Due to inaccurate data storage and management, stakeholders who have similar details on the administrative database readily agree on certain decisions instead of those with conflicting information.
Enhanced Employee Satisfaction
A comprehensive HRIS can give your employees a better work experience. For instance, an easy-to-access employee portal enables your employees to view all their work-related details when they want it and at any place, they may require it. Likewise, the employees can easily view their benefits, request time off, review their employee data and update them accordingly. This makes them quickly learn your organizational culture and makes their work easier.
Employees reduce the time they would have wasted if they had to queue at an office to present their requests. They'll have less wait time for their time off approvals, and they'll feel more valued and appreciated. The streamlined onboarding processes using these systems also make recruiting new talents stress-free for recruiters and job applicants.
What Features Should A Good HRIS Have?
HRIS features come in many forms. You can get the software that has the features you're more interested in as an organization. Also, getting a system with customizable features can be perfect. All in all, look out for the following essential features on any HRIS system:
- An employee management database and directory
- A recruit tracking system
- A payroll manager. The most challenging task of any human resource person is payroll management. However, a payroll manager on this system can ease the tracking of employee payroll details and their updating.
You can use this system to group your employees into part-time and full-time workers to ease payment settlement. Employee managers can also organize and store each employee’s data on their portals for transparency. These details can also make your organization quickly identify the benefits and reinforcements they should adopt for different employees to increase their satisfaction.
- Bonus administration
- Employee attendance trackers
- Time in and time off trackers
- Electronic signatures
- Employee self-manageable portal
- Standard and customizable reporting templates
- Performance tracking systems
- Employee self onboarding applications. Such an integration on your HRIS can allow you to send target employees the relevant training materials and paperwork. This also means the target employees will have enough time to complete all the job requirements at their own pace. Similarly, these target employees can generate their electronic signatures to authenticate the paperwork.
Since you, as the HR, can also generate electronic signatures. You can easily send out introduction emails to recruits and connect them with their future workmates for relevant interaction and assistance.
Some HRIS systems can also have integrated mobile applications to enable you or your employees to access the software using your mobile phone. Therefore, when going to shop for an HRIS, think about your specific organizational needs. Evaluate the utility of the software and the ease of using it.
Ensure you take the appropriate steps to enjoy all the benefits of owning an HRIS. Once you have acquired the software, understand all the integrated and customizable features. Migrate all your organization's data into the software and take enough time to orient yourself and your employees with the system
Explain to your executives and employees the benefits of adopting the system. Their participation can determine the success or failure of the system, so you must make them buy into using the system. Ensure your software vendor partners with you throughout the training and implementation of the new approach to increase the chances of successful adoption and use.
Likewise, you must remain dynamic, look out for any new developments that you can integrate into the software to optimize the efficiency of your human resources. Update the software when the need arises and consult your vendor when you are unsure about a specific application.
When Should You Get an HRIS?
Today any company, regardless of its size, can significantly benefit from HRIS systems irrespective of the company size. However, these are some of the metrics you can use to tell whether you need to adopt an HRIS software:
- When you start having trouble tracking all your employee’s details and payroll management using spreadsheets, then it's time to adopt an HRIS system.
- When the number of your employees exceeds twenty-five, you need an HRIS to enhance compliance.
- When your employees can hardly meaningfully relate, an HRIS system can help you create more time to focus on employee cooperation. Think about your organizational culture and foster your employee experiences with this software.
- When you want to eliminate duplication of data and eradicate human error, an HRIS system becomes inevitable.
- You can adopt an HRIS system to receive factual time information from your workers and, when you need to stress freely, generate comprehensive reports and track employee data. This software can give you a clear picture of your employee performance, expenditure, and organizational strengths and weaknesses.
- Adopt an HRIS system when you want to analyze the effectiveness of your business and when you want to create new ways for saving money and reducing spending.